At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio.
In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As Saab continues to build a new green field operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking Manufacturing Planners who are interested in further developing knowledge in manufacturing technology. The Manufacturing Planner function will be responsible for all the manufacturing planning detail for assembly and installation, from development to maintenance of plans.
The Manufacturing Planners will be an integral link between the engineering design team in Sweden and the new production team in West Lafayette.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review and maintain work instructions and bills of materials to specify assembly processes
- Provide manufacturability analysis related to new or changed processes
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing process issues
- Author process plans for new processes using internally approved manufacturing processes and requirements
- Process work instruction and sequence changes for release
- Contribute to continuous improvement for efficient production
- Other project tasks as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM or minimum 5 years comparable experience in related field
- Strong understanding of aerostructure assembly manufacturing preferred
- 2+ years of model-based definition experience
- 2+ years of manufacturing planning experience, preferably in Delmia
- Driven, innovative and demonstrates strong initiative
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively, in a team setting
- Must be able to travel internationally.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in seven U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.