As Saab continues to build a new green field operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who is interested in further developing knowledge in manufacturing technology. The Manufacturing Engineering function will be responsible for all the production technical work for assembly and installation, from calculation, production preparation and production of process documentation, to verification. The function is also accountable for manufacturing engineering development, manufacturing techniques, and qualification of new products based on both Saab and customer requirements.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be an integral link between the design team in Sweden and the new production team in West Lafayette. Responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the development of production systems and working methods and influence the design work to achieve low production costs without compromising function and quality.
- Contribute to the development of new technical solutions, and to the development of efficient production systems and assembly lines based on Lean principles.
- Coordinate Producibility Reviews.
- Execute process planning for current and new products.
- Develop production flows and lay-outs.
- Drive continuous improvement for efficient production.
- Champion the Company values, consistently demonstrating – Trust, Drive, Expertise, and Support
- Able to work extended or flexible schedule to support the business
- Other project tasks as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline is required.
- 2+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in Aerostructures.
- Driven, innovative and takes initiative without being asked.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across functional areas within an operation
- Ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively in a team setting.
- Must be able to travel internationally
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in seven U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.