At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing & Sales Director for Region Middle East and Africa. The role requires a highly driven individual that can operate independently as well as in a team setup to achieve common goals. Someone who can identify and pursue multiple business opportunities at the same time, and are good at closing contracts. You are performance driven, quality oriented and committed to meeting deadlines in a fast-moving market. You will be based in the UAE and travel regularly to other countries in region, as well as Sweden. You will report to the Regional Manager.
- Marketing and sales of Saab’s product portfolio to countries in the region
- Build, develop and maintain customer relationships within the UAE and region
- Frequent (daily/weekly) interaction with customers, end users, industry partners and other stakeholders
- Gather business intelligence and identify market trends
- Identify and qualify business leads, and develop sales opportunities
- Develop win strategies to capture profitable and sustainable business
- Secure Order Intake in accordance with set business targets
- Execute work in accordance with Saab’s Winning Business (WB) process
- Develop capture cards in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
- Prepare Country Market Plans, Capture Plans and Market & Sales reports
- Together with the Regional Manager identify, assess, justify and manage intermediaries
- Participate in demonstrations, exhibitions, seminars and workshops
Your Skills and Experience:
- Academic, military or other relevant education
- Proven track record of successful marketing and sales in defense market
- Good understanding of political landscape and defense market environment
- Analytic and strategic skills to develop win strategies, business partnerships and market networks
- Basic understanding of Government-to-Government, Business-to-Government and Business-to-Business business processes
- Possess a positive and outgoing personality with excellent communication skills, strong business acumen and high personal integrity in business ethics
- Demonstrates good leadership and team player skills, with ability to work independently, within teams and in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent social skills to build, develop and maintain strong interpersonal, business partner and customer relations
- Strong network within customer environment and/or Saab
- Fluent in English
What You Will Be Part Off:
The Headquarter of Region Middle East & Africa is located in the UAE. It serves as a hub for the whole region, comprising of approximately seventy countries. We currently have local presence and regional offices in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Kenya and South Africa. The key success factors for profitable growth are our local presence and longstanding relationships within the region. You will be part of the marketing and sales team based in Abu Dhabi.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 20,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.