Mechanical Engineer – Electronic Warfare
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push the boundaries for the technically possible.
Saab Technology Center continues expanding its development unit in Tampere and is looking for an experienced Mechanics Designer to join our cross-functional product development team working on the state of the art systems in extremely interesting projects oin the area of Electronic Warfare.
As part of a cross-functional development team, your work spans over the whole product development life cycle, from understanding the system and mechanical requirements to fully qualified product. Your daily activities consist of developing mechanical and electro-mechanical solutions but also product integration, testing and qualification related matters.
As an experienced professional, you are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. But most of all you must be hugely passionate about what we do.
- Develop 2D and 3D models of electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies
- Documentation of design solutions including reports, engineering drawings and Bill of Materials
- Select and propose methods, materials and techniques for implementing solutions in leading edge technologies
- Ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly
- Collaborate with other team members and manufacturing partners to develop the next generation EW systems from concept state into mass serial production
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Previous relevant experience of product design or mechanical engineering
- A good balance of practical and theoretical skills - calculations from first principles, prototype building and establishing test methods to analyse the design
- Strong CAD skills essential
- Experience in the full design cycle, from concept to production including DFM and robust design
- Experience estimating size, cost and schedule of a mechanical development effort
- Ability to effectively interface with functional teams and other stakeholders
- Fluent (both orally and in writing) in Finnish and in English
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Basics in thermal design in products
- Experience in static and dynamic structural FEA analysis
- Understanding of design and procurement of fixtures and tooling
- Previous experience from military and aerospace technologies is considered a plus
The position entails to working with classified information. Therefore, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
What you will be a part of?
Your work place will be in Saab Technology Center in Tampere but since Saab is a global company this role will require some travelling and being able to communicate with your colleagues abroad.
At Saab Technology Center you will be a part of the Electronic Warfare Systems Business Unit that delivers electronic warfare applications for air, land and naval products. Saab Technology Center contributes to the next generation distributed systems for Electronic Support and Electronic Attack on absolute cutting edge hardware and software.
Saab offers you great opportunities for technical and personal growth. Impressive people build absolutely amazing products with the latest technology on sites all over the world. It is largely up to you how you want to experience this!
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
Please send your cover letter and CV trough Saab Career System as soon as possible, latest by 10.10 2021. We are handling the applications already during application period.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!