Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Saab is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Underwater group. You will have the unique opportunity to work amongst a highly skill group of engineers and other disciplines on design and installation projects for Australian and international underwater programs.
As part of your role, you will be involved in:
- All phases of product development from gathering and understanding system level requirements, through to preliminary/detailed design and production support for new products, systems and supporting assemblies and equipment
- Using CAD to generate production data and detailed designs
- Ensuring mechanical design and testing is adequately documented according to the appropriate standards
- Generating production data
- Ensuring that products and services meet all customer needs as well as meeting company requirements in terms of schedule/cost, safety and quality
Your skills and experience will include:
- Formal Tertiary Qualifications in relevant discipline (Mechanical or Mechanical-Electrical Engineering)
- Proficiency in the use of CAD tools for the design of mechanical engineering arrangements
- Demonstrated competency in designing and developing ruggedized hardware
- Knowledge in applicable ISO standards
- Understanding of Configuration Management principles, Product Lifecycle Management and Quality system requirements such as ISO 9001
- Understanding of the lifecycles of small to medium sized mechanical/electrical hardware defence projects and appreciation of associated processes and levels of responsibilities
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and prepared to share knowledge and experiences
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.