Media Relations Manager
As Media relations manager, you are working with media relations of the company nationally as well as globally. An important focus will be to support and develop the company´s communications functions cross the group. The function has a central role in the sales process of the company and it is vital to have an interest in, overview and insight into the product offering, the driving forces of the markets and the society in general – to move and develop positions forward.
You will be part of a team of five persons and daily working with initiating, producing and distributing content and messages in different channels. The team members are placed in Stockholm and in London. It is important to maintain a rapid and pro-active way of handling the press function, where relations with media and other stake-holders are constantly developed. The role reports to Head of Media Relations and is member of the Group’s Press centre team. The function works closely with the different departments across the organization. The position is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and travelling should be anticipated.
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Implement group media relations strategies to promote and strengthen the brand, support business objectives and goals of the function
- Write and distribute group press releases, manage group press hotline, and coordinate international media requests
- Build and maintain relationships with key journalists in Sweden and internationally
- Provide senior management support related to media management
- Coordinate cross-functional internally
- Provide media and spokespeople training
- Contribute to and be part of the issues management and crisis organization
Saab is searching for an ambitious, structured and results-driven communicator, who knows the creation and execution of external affairs. The candidate should have a proven track record, university degree and at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in media relations – several of those in an international and commercial environment - at a public company or an agency. Investor relations communications experience is a merit. High strategic capability and good judgment in tactical decision is needed.
The candidate has:
- Proven ability to be both proactive and reactive with national and international media
- Delivers compelling verbal communications - even on contentious topics - with confidence and sensitivity
- Proven experience in issue and crisis communications management
- Proven experience in digital communication
- Proven experience of successfully building and driving broad media programs
- Easy to conceptualize and packaged messages and stories
- Strong ability to handle writing and editing of communications, including press releases, Q&As and communications platforms
- Genuine interest in and understanding of the changes in the communication environment
- Excellent Swedish and English skills written and spoken are mandatory
- Convincing communicator
- Social, pragmatic and networking personality
- Mature and calm – ability to act in multi-faceted environment and stress-full situations
- Service-oriented with a problem-solving attitude and a desire to simplify and streamline methods
- Ability to influence and work with others
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong desire to develop professionally
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions from military defence to civil security. With operations on every continent, Saab continuously develops, adapts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
The most important markets today are Europe, Brazil, UAE, Australia and the US. Saab has around 17,000 employees. Annual sales amount to around SEK 35 billion.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.