Naval Architect Surface Ships
Our Naval Architecture department needs to be reinforced in order to meet future challenges and we are excited about expanding our team! This is a job for you who are interested in developing and analyze new surface ships and have a genuine interest in both advanced technology and man!
We not only work to ensure that our ships have the right hull, performance, buoyancy etc. but also have the task of ensuring the comfort of our crew on board. Your working days will be varied and follow the growth of our business. Your own aptitude and interest in relation to our projects will affect your future with us and you will have great possibilities to grow in your professional role. The role comprises work with new development project as well as modification projects of Surface Ships within the Naval Architecture area. You report to Head of Naval Architecture.
The main tasks are:
- Development of General Arrangement
- Analysis within the hydrodynamic area
- Analysis within the hydrostatic area
- Calculations of speed and range performance
- Coordination of concept development for surface ships
- Preparing as well as holding presentations for customers and colleagues
To be successful in this role, you need to have the ability to both create a holistic view and to go down to the level of detail. We are looking for you who are self driven and can manage your daily work in an independent way.
- Masters degree in Naval Architecture or equivalent
- Recently graduated or with a few years of relevant experience in shipbuilding depending on if you aspire for a junior or senior role
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written
- Knowledge and experience in ship building especially concept development
- Knowledge and experience in operation of Swedish naval ships
- Experience from coordinating/keeping projects together and preferably project management on a smaller scale
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
You will be a member of the Naval Architecture Department and part of a skilled team who like to collaborate and learn from each other. The department technology area comprises development and analyses of the overall ship layout, speed and range, hydrodynamics and hydrostatics properties. The department defines the future naval ships. You will get deep knowledge and understanding of overall ship development on the complete ship level.
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here. Last application date is 29th of August. Your application may be in Swedish or English.
Questions about the job? Don´t hesitate to contact
Henrick Olofsson, recruiting manager +46 10 216 86 69 (due to the summer vacation available after week 33).
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.