Reporting to the Navigation Engineering Manager and working in the Navigation team and the broader Combat System Integrated Project Team (CSIPT), the Navigation Senior Systems Engineer will work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to define and agree the solutions for individual subsystems within the overall Hunter navigations system, including the design of the installation on the ship.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Make a direct contribution towards shaping cutting edge solutions in the following product domains:
- Integrated Navigation and Bridge System (INBS)
- Navigation Radar
- Navigation Data Distribution
- Global Maritime Distress & Safety System
- Aegis CS Navigation Equipment
- Land Based Test Site
- Be the subject matter expert for individual systems/subsystems
- Contribute to the Combat System (CS) architecture definition and development for Navigation subsystems and components
- Provide technical leadership and guidance towards the planning of platform integration, installation, set to work, and testing
- Provide leadership guidance in support of the resolution of all cross-team requirements issues
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the review and assessment of vendor solutions, specifications and design data related to Navigation subsystems
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to team members in the development of Interface Specifications across the Navigation systems
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office and a9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- A degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent
- Systems Engineering, including requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Engineering methods as applied to the development of military equipment and services across the engineering lifecycle
- Integrated Navigation and Bridge Systems or Aegis Combat System Navigation Equipment (desirable)
- Tools used on the HCF program such as DOORS, System Architect, Windchill and PLM
- Supplier technical management/liaison
- Good organisational, oral and written communication
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a NV1 clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.