Office & Communications Assistant
Office & Communications Assistant Saab Deutschland GmbH
We are looking for a local Office & Communications Assistant for Saab Deutschland GmbH. The position and office is located in Berlin and you will be responsible for supporting the team and ensure a smooth local office operation. The position also covers professional secretarial, management assistant services and assisting the Communications and Office Manager in the preparation and implementation of Communication activities. You will be reporting to the Communications and Office Manager of Saab Deutschland GmbH.
- General secretarial duties
- Assisting with day-to-day financial administration e.g. handling of invoices financial statements etc.
- Coordinating office communications
- Handling travel administration (scheduling travel arrangements and reporting travel expenses)
- Managing daily office upkeep
- Assisting meeting and event arrangements
- Assisting the Berlin Office team and visitors with varied tasks
- Assisting with Communication activities (including exhibitions and other events)
- Some business travel within Germany will be required
Your experiences and skills:
- At least 2 years work experience in similar roles (Office Administrator or equivalent)
- Excellent organizational, administration and time management skills
- Proactive and experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point etc.
- Have a high degree of personal and professional integrity, good judgement and high ethical standards
- Excellent communication skills, service minded and with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- A team player, flexible and able to work within tight deadlines maintaining high quality
- Hands-on approach and “can-do” attitude
- Systematic and organized
- German as mother tongue and fluent in English
- Experience of working in a political environment/associations is an advantage
You should have an outgoing personality with good communication skills, tenacity and high-drive. The role requires a structured and accurate person, able to manage all office procedures and assist the team. You are able to meet expectations and enjoy taking ownership and responsibility. Your analytical and communication skills enable you to keep focus on and to deal with complex issues simultaneously.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security vetting in accordance to ISO:27001.
Saab is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number more than 18’000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.