Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
As the PSS Hull office coordinator, you will ensure the office runs smoothly, ensuring high levels of organisational effectiveness, communication and safety for staff and visitors.
You will be the face of the office and provide a warm welcome and will also support all PSS Managers by providing administrative support across their functions and with their travel and events planning.
- First point of contact for guests, staff and general enquiries. Signposting of staff and their queries
- Providing exceptional customer service both in person and on telephone
- Ensuring the office and kitchen are kept functional, presentable and ensure daily removal of waste
- Acting as the health and safety point of contact, fire warden and first aider
- Managing inbound and outbound post and deliveries
- Ensuring the office is adequately and cost effectively stocked with all necessary supplies and equipment
- Coordination of room bookings and ensuring rooms are presentable and functional
- Act as the point of contact for the landlord and service providers to ensure smooth and cost-effective running of the office
- Provide coordination of any office expansion or improvement initiatives
- Assist the Business Support and HR team with the on-boarding of new starters in the Hull office including issuing of office passes
- Utilisation of local knowledge to assist with visiting staff and organisation of events
- Putting in place new processes and systems as the business demands, making changes and improvements to existing administration processes
- Organising travel for PSS leadership team
- Supporting the VP with diary management, arranging meetings, expenses admin, management of inbox during annual leave, etc
- Provide general administrative support across all business functions when required (e.g. minute taking, assistance with travel bookings, support Finance team by checking invoices, expenses, timesheets)
- Demonstrable experience in office management and/or as an executive assistant
- Experience working with Leadership and management teams and exercising tact, judgement and discretion
- Adaptable, pro-active and able to work on own initiative
- Communication, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Organisational, IT and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, personable and easy to approach
- Experience working for Technology, Software Development or similar business
- Familiarity with business processes of international or similar enterprises
- Basic knowledge of financial management/book-keeping procedures
- Management of small projects
The role will suit an experienced administration all-rounder who has a ‘can do’ approach to work and enjoys a varied and changing workload. They should take pride in running the office smoothly and supporting the business wide management team and undertake a wide variety of admin, financial and coordination tasks to do so.
The candidate should be keen to make connections and share information on best practice with colleagues in the wider business support team and be cost conscious and support keeping to the office budget when making purchasing decisions.
The role will demand that the candidate be adaptable and flex with the business as it changes and grows and they should be comfortable working autonomously and setting their own priorities day to day. As the face of our business in the Hull office and our ‘go-to’ person the candidate should maintain high standards of professionalism at all times.