At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. If you are an experienced PCB Designer this is truly a rare opportunity. Saab Technology Center is further expanding its development unit in Tampere and is seeking a highly motivated PCB Designer to support research and development of complex Electronic Warfare systems.
As part of a experienced development team, you will collaborate closely with RF, HW and Mechanical engineers in the design and development of complex printed circuit boards. You would work with multiple design teams to plan schedules, resolve costs, packaging, manufacturing, and electrical design issues. You are also dedicated in implementing new PCB technologies and processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing PCB layouts for complex, multi-layer printed circuit boards with guidance from RF HW and Mechanical Engineers
- Component placement, trace routing, analysis, and related work on printed circuit board designs
- Preparing fabrication drawings, manufacturing data and Gerber files necessary for procurement of stencils and circuit boards from suppliers
- Producing fabrication drawings, parts lists, and bills of material/BOM
- Creating, verifying and importing schematic symbols, 3D models, and component footprints into component library and database
- Ability to perform schematic capture and PCB layout design
- Must be highly proficient in multilayer PCB layouts
- Experience with high-density component placement and routing in small spaces using minimal layers
- Knowledge of multi-layer board stack-ups and mixed technologies such as blind/buried vias, controlled impedance, digital, high-speed, analog and RF
- Ability to effectively interface with design teams and other stakeholders
- Fluent (both orally and in writing) in Finnish and in English
- Associate Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (BS degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred)
- Experience in using Xpedition® Enterprise
- RF/MW layout design experience
- Working knowledge of high-voltage creepage and clearance issues, length matching, differential pairing, and emissions control
- Thorough understanding and utilization of DFM principles to ensure manufacturability and integration into mechanical housings/enclosures etc.
- Thorough understanding of PWB fabrication, materials choices and processing
In this job, some of your tasks have a connection to defense secrecy. Therefore, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
What you will be a part of?
Your work place will be in Saab Technology Center in Tampere but since Saab is a global company this role will require some travelling and being able to communicate with your colleagues abroad.
At Saab Technology Center you will be a part of the Electronic Warfare Systems Business Unit that delivers electronic warfare applications for air, land and naval products. Saab Technology Center contributes to the next generation distributed systems for Electronic Support and Electronic Attack on absolute cutting-edge hardware and software.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career. We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us?
Read our People Philosophy.
Take your chance to build your future career at Saab by submitting your CV and application via Saab Careers already now! The job ad is open for longer period due to summer holidays, thus we are actively processing applications received until end of June 2023.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.