At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
We are now appointing a PCB CAD engineer for Saab Ltd in United Arab Emirates.
The PCB CAD Engineers will support multiple project designing PCBs based on design from mainly electronics engineers. The cooperation with our mechanical engineers is also very important.
You would work with multiple design teams to plan schedules, resolve costs, packaging, manufacturing, and electrical design issues.
You are also dedicated in implementing new PCB technologies and processes to support the product development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing PCB layouts for complex, multi-layer printed circuit boards with guidance from Electronics, Microwave and Mechanical Engineers.
- Component placement, trace routing, analysis, and related work on printed circuit board designs.
- Preparing fabrication drawings, manufacturing data and Gerber files necessary for procurement of stencils and circuit boards from suppliers.
- Producing fabrication drawings, parts lists, and bills of material/BOM.
- Creating, verifying and importing schematic symbols, 3D models, and component footprints into component library and database.
- Support in discussions with suppliers related to design
Skills and experience:
You shall have a desire to be a part of the growth of a new entity and operation in the UAE.
You are curious and inspired by new challenges and you have a well-developed understanding and willingness to learn about different cultures is crucial in this multi-cultural environment.
You are a team player with excellent communication skills supporting and helping the entire company.
You are structured and analytical with a very strong quality focus.
You are used to work efficiently with focus on meeting targets cost, time and quality.
You can easily express yourself in English, both oral and in written word.
Requirements on this role are:
- Degree holder, preferably MSc or BSc in Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant work experience responsible for PCB design work.
- Ability to perform schematic capture and PCB layout design.
- Must be highly proficient in multilayer PCB layouts.
- Experience with high-density component placement and routing in small spaces using minimal layers.
- RF/MW layout design experience.
- Experience in using Altium.
- Driver’s license
- Good communication skills to support different stakeholders
- Experience in high tech PCB design for radars or systems with high signal integrity needs and high data throughput at high speeds is a strong merit
- Thorough understanding and utilization of DFM principles to ensure manufacturability and integration into mechanical housings/enclosures etc.
- Thorough understanding of PWB fabrication, materials choices and processing
- Additional languages can be a merit in dialogue with suppliers
What you will be a part of
Saab’s strategy for growth includes building local business in selected markets, with focus on key customer countries. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is one of these key customer countries where Saab has now increased its presence by initiating the local development and production of different products.
You will become part of growing Saab Company, which will operate in Tawazun Industrial Park, northeast of the Abu Dhabi, UAE.