Physical Integration Engineer – Combat Systems
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of Saab’s role on the Hunter Class Frigate Program, the Physical Integration Engineer will play a key role in furthering the development of the Hunter Class Combat System, specifically as it relates to the platform’s combat system physical integration design. This role will be based at the Osborne Shipbuilding Precinct in Adelaide.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in the conduct of the overall Combat Systems System design activities to ensure compliance of the Combat Systems Physical Integration Design process with the Warship EMP, traceability to the requirement and overall consistency within the Warship
- Ratify and assure the availability of the Combat Systems Physical installation data and constraints for the Platform IPT and undertake physical integration design of the Combat Systems and its compartments and support Topside Layout
- Participate in Technical reviews of the Combat Systems Physical Integration Design products and deliverables
- Monitoring the design process and advising of shortfalls against the Warship EMP and SWSE process plans
- Support the transition of design data through to stage 3 (production) design data and support to ship build problem resolution
- Develop and deliver ship integration capability within for the Hunter Class ship, Physical Interface Definition Documentation and Combat System Compartment/Topside layouts and sketches
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary engineering qualifications in mechanical engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Knowledge about contemporary engineering process, standards, principles and best practices
- Sound understanding and experience of engineering in large scale complex systems
- Thorough understanding of the entire systems engineering lifecycle
- Experience of combat systems and equipment in a surface naval environment
- Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work with others in a team environment.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.