Want to influence the bigger picture? At Saab, you can realise amazing innovations that keep people and societies safe. Together, we can truly make an impact – and your part matters.
SAAB Special Mission and Regional Aircraft Flight Test Organisation in Linköping, is pleased to announce an opening for a talented, motivated fixed wing Flight Test Pilot.
Duties will include flying at least one of aircraft types operated by Saab AB, Bombardier Global 6000, Saab 2000, Saab 340 at Saab corporate flight as well as Flight Testing of Saab 2000 AEW&C, Saab 340 AEW&C and Saab Globaleye. The position may also include work away from home base.
Depending on your background, training towards EASA Category II or Category I Test Pilot Rating in one of the internationally recognized and EASA approved Test Pilot Schools will be provided to the prospective applicant.
- Plan, execute and report on engineering and experimental test flights of new or modified aircraft and/or systems.
- Demonstrate safe, effective, and efficient test planning and execution, applying crew resource management principles with flight crew, telemetry engineers, ATC, chase aircraft, etc.
- Be a positive and constructive member of the test pilot team and project teams as assigned to maximize unity of effort and ensure successful accomplishment of the test program.
- Make recommendations as to operational effectiveness of systems, aircraft handling qualities and design improvements.
- Establish a proper liaison between the Flight Test Department and the other Engineering Departments
- Create and review aircraft certification documentation, including certification plans, data, and reports
- Prepare and/or review Pilot Operating Handbooks and Flight Manuals
- Perform additional tasks and acquire varying responsibilities as appropriate.
- EASA CPL/ATPL(A) Pilot Certificate
- Military aviator and/or experience of military flight operations
- Minimum of 3000 hours total time
- Minimum of 1500 hours on Part 25 Aircraft
- Minimum 1000 hours as Pilot in Command
- EASA Class I medical certificate
- English Language Proficiency – At Least Level 5
- Obtain and Maintain Security Clearance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work with design engineers, flight test crews, and maintenance personnel
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally in support of test programs
- Graduate of an approved test pilot school, EASA CAT I or CAT II Test Pilot Rating
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Aeronautical Engineering or other Technical Engineering Area
- Minimum of 100 hours of developmental, engineering, or experimental flight test time
- Strong preference for candidates with documented EASA CS-23/25/ development and certification experience
- Military background
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us Your resumé together with Your application in either Swedish or English.
What you will be part of
Behind our innovations stand the people who make them possible. Brave pioneers and curious minds. Everyday heroes and inventive troubleshooters. Those who share deep knowledge and those who explore sky-high. And everyone in between.
Joining us means making an impact together, contributing in our own unique ways. From crafting complex code and building impressive defence and security solutions to simply sharing a coffee with a colleague, every action counts. We encourage you to take on challenges, to create smart inventions and grow in our friendly and tech-savvy workspace. We have a solid mission to keep people and society safe.
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 22,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer and more sustainable world.
Saab designs, manufactures and maintains advanced systems in aeronautics, weapons, command and control, sensors and underwater systems. Saab is headquartered in Sweden. It has major operations all over the world and is part of the domestic defence capability of several nations. Read more about us here