Power Electronics Engineer
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries regarded as technically impossible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
We are looking Power Electronics experienced designer to join our product development team in Abu Dhabi.
The person required for this role will be responsible for the design and test of power solutions for our products. The daily tasks will include selection of components for power conversion, optimizing power transmissions, designing for acceptable EMC, and defining the electrical harness of complex systems. The main tasks will be conducted in professional manner while considering the need to meet tight deadline and stringent requirements. The candidate will be involved in our products development for the aspects of quality, reliability and maintainability.
- Ensure compliance to HSE and Electrical Hazards regulations.
- Translate system design requirements into design solutions applicable to the product development
- System interconnections design.
- Electrical design and routing of system internal/external interfaces utilizing CAD tools
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in AC/DC power electronics design, development, and testing.
- A BSc degree in power electronics/Electrical/Electrical machine or related degrees.
- 3 years of experience in the design of power converters such as AC/DC, DC/AC and DC/DC.
- Proficient in the use of CAD tools to design and define electrical harnesses. Solidworks and Solidworks Electrical highly desired.
- Hands on experience such as prototype testing, environmental testing, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in design of schematics and PCB layout desirable, but not essential.
- Proficient with measurement tool and safety measures when dealing with high voltage equipment.
- Experience in radar power system will be a plus
- Technical awareness and effective communication key.
- Interpretation, critical think assessment and breakdown of requirements.
- Specifications, design diagrams, and descriptions as well as reports.
What you will be a part of
Saab’s strategy for growth includes building local business in selected markets, with focus on key customer countries. You will become part of growing Saab Company, which operates in Tawazun Industrial Park, northeast of the Abu Dhabi city centre.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 18,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.