Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
The Product Design Systems Engineer is specifically responsible for the Combat Management System (CMS) requirements, design and formal acceptance. The role includes a significant component of Design Assurance with the various stakeholders, such as Project/CS Engineering, Software, Integration, Hardware and speciality engineering (Safety, Security and ILS).
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Perform CMS level analysis and design cognisant of the overall systems functionality
- Ongoing collaboration (Design Assurance) with Projects and CS Engineering to clearly define scope, resolve issues / risks and ensure alignment of Project and Customer expectations with the CMS development
- Ongoing coordination (Design Assurance) of system engineering activities with other engineering disciplines/teams
- Development of system tests and analysis to verify system requirements
- Conduct and/or participate in mandatory design reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR) and working groups / demonstrations with internal and external stakeholders
- Specify and manage change to the engineering baselines for assigned capability/system/product.
- Comply with legislation and Company policies, processes and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, safety and duty of care and the quality management system
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in systems/software engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in applying system engineering processes, standards, methodologies and approaches to develop SE outputs over several parts of the SE lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-discipline teams and build relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Experience in producing and reviewing technical documentation
- Experience or an understanding of engineering in a Defence Regulatory environment, or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to support technical reviews, planning, estimation and change control engineering tasks
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 level clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.