Product Director – Maritime
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group and reporting to the General Manager, the Product Director is responsible for the Maritime product portfolio centred on the Sovereign NextGen Combat Management System delivered to the Royal Australian Navy surface fleet. This will entail managing the Maritime product portfolio development roadmap and lifecycle and the successful execution of the Saab Australia enterprise level responsibilities as defined in the Enterprise Partnering Agreement (EPA).
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Manage customer relationship to ensure the Saab application of the EPA meets customer expectation
- Provide leadership to the Product System Design, Hardware, Software Product Groups and other related product groups
- Maintain Maritime product portfolio roadmaps and manage the product development process and lifecycle of Maritime product portfolio
- Define and maintain the core process and methods for application within product organisation
- Drive opportunities for common approaches and reuse of effort across products and projects
- Manage the direction and scope of R&D activities related to strategic product portfolio direction of maritime in collaboration with the capability organisation
- Ensure that Saab Maritime is taking a partnership-focused and product-based approach to delivering NextGen Combat Management System capability to the Commonwealth
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in systems/software engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
- Experience managing development of products delivered to multiple projects and customers
- Experience maintaining and evolving the configuration of fielded products
- An understanding of the full systems engineering lifecycle.
- Demonstrated scheduling and planning skills.
- Experience with the products, development environment and the tools used to develop and support software intensive systems
- Well-developed communication skills (both written and oral).
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 550 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.