Product Manager Radar
Product Manager Radar, Abu Dhabi
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries regarded as technically impossible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
- We are looking for a colleague to join our growing portfolio team.
- You will be responsible for product management within the radar domain.
- The core part of the job will be the product management role.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to phasing out.
- Initially you will be a major contributor to creating the the radar product/portfolio strategy and roadmaps as well as compiling product requirements.
- You will maintain technology and market knowledge. Manage existing product lines, increase profitability and set Profit and Loss goals for each product/product line.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate new product features on an on-going basis.
- Define technical market opportunities and develop product briefs. Establish metrics to measure effectiveness and drive improvements. On-going development of the product vision and strategy.
- Synthesize ideas on strategy, planning and execution of next generation of products.
- This role expects to have some degree of business development, finding opportunities that are business driven and on occasion in partnerships and collaborations with other companies and institutions. In these cases, you can also be a key account manager.
- Expect to travel internationally 20-30 days per years.
Skills and experience
The right profile must have sound technical understanding of radars and excellent communication skills in order to bridge the gap between customer requirements and our development department.
Equally important is mental agility for constant change and the passion to build a brand new entity and operation in the UAE.
It is a unique and exciting opportunity!
The successful person is likely to be naturally curious and inspired by new challenges.
We are looking for a person with qualifications as,
- Must have a relevant education or experience, MSc
- Must have technical radar experience
- Experience in product development & management or related roles
- Experience in marketing & sales or business development
- Excellent communication skills in English especially in writing and presenting.
This position requires that you undergo a security screening in accordance with the Saab internal processes.
What you will be a part of
Saab’s strategy for growth includes building local business in selected markets, with focus on key customer countries. You will become part of this brand new Saab Company, which operates in Tawazun Industrial Park, northeast of the Abu Dhabi city centre.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.