Welcome to the naval side of life! We are now looking for a Product Owner for software development teams in the naval sphere. Not only are we providing software to more than ten customers simultaneously, we are also cooperating with Australia and Finland in delivering the striking performance of the 9LV CMS. You want to have the wide perspective, spiced with technical depth and a hint of English? Hey, you just found us!
As a 9LV Product Owner, you work closely with appointed 9LV software development teams and are responsible for maximizing the value of the team deliveries. This is done by defining and prioritizing the team backlogs to streamline the execution of project deliveries as well as product refinement activities. This while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features and components where the teams have a delegated design responsibility.
The role has a significant relationship and responsibilities outside the appointed teams. This include dialogue with stakeholder and working with line managers, who in their turn are responsible for the overall SW deliveries from the software organisation to the projects.
- Preparing and participation in the roadmap- and team planning
- Communicating with stakeholders concerning time plan, scope and deliveries
- Clearly expressing team backlog items
- Ordering the items in the team backlogs to best achieve goals and missions
- Optimizing the value of the work the 9LV teams perform
- Ensuring that the backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the teams will work on next
- Ensuring that the teams understand items in the backlog to the level needed
- Accepting User story result
- Participate in the team demo and retrospective
You have a collaborative mind-set and you are a true team player that encourages an open, trustful and innovative climate. You share information in a clear and easy way, both verbally and in writing. You are a confident communicator in both Swedish and English.
Last but not least, you prefer leadership rather than management!
We think the below bullets are factors that would help you succeed, but see them more as nice, rather than need:
- Be experienced in working in a team-oriented, collaborative and innovative environment
- Develop effective, reasonable and doable solutions to problems
- Clearly take a stand in different questions
- Experienced in agile ways of working
- Have a technical background from hands-on development of software
What you will be part of
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 19,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. Read more about us here.
Business area Surveillance offers world-leading sensor technology in monitoring and decision support to protect against threats. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, C4I solutions, aviation systems and cyber security.
Our Combat Systems business unit supplies world leading Command and Control systems, product and services to the armed forces. We operate globally with local sites in Sweden, Australia and Finland. This position is offered at the Järfälla site, 20 minutes outside of Stockholm city.
Below links gives you a hint of what you will be part in building. Welcome aboard!
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Saab is a company with a strong people-orientation. We offer a friendly work environment where we support and help each other to be at our best. Continuous learning, career & talent development and employee well-being are examples of areas where we always put the strongest effort to offer great opportunities.