Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
As a Product Owner you work closely with the development team using agile methodologies to create and maintain the product backlog.
You work closely together with stakeholders across the business and leaders from engineering and product management. You are to provide vision and direction for product development and implementations
- Liaise with product management to ensure development activities are in line with product roadmap and strategic vision
- Manage dependencies between product development and implementation teams
- Help inform the sequence of development for large implementations
- Prioritisation of the product backlog
- Support the bid process and pre-sales colleagues
- Help translate formal documented requirements into actionable work packages
- Coordinate and improve the estimation process
- Share information on progress with stakeholders when needed
- Share domain knowledge with the development team and use it to inform development activities
- Ensure traceability between requirements and specifications and Jira tickets
- Create a shared vision and set of goals with the development team in order to motivate and direct
- Work closely with the head of engineering, other product owners and business analysts to encourage knowledge sharing, efficiency, and collaboration among teams
- To encourage process improvement and efficiency across the engineering function
- 3-5 years of experience of real time communication e.g. telephony or radio
- 3-5 years of experience of operating within emergency services domain
- Experience working with Real Time Communications systems.
- Experience of working with software development teams and of SDLC
- Commercial awareness
- Product owner qualifications/certifications
- Experience working with tools such as JIRA or similar
- Proven experience of balancing multiple priorities and ambiguity
- Demonstrable track record in managing Stakeholders
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Dispatch systems
- Emergency response systems
- Enterprise-level deployments
- Control room operations
- UX and GUI design
- Atlassian, Confluence and Jira
- Preferably you have a background within the software development industry and with domain knowledge of emergency services.
- You enjoy working with development teams and are confident demonstrating to users and presenting to stakeholders at all levels. You should thrive working cross-functionally across PSS and client organisations.
- You should be highly organised and confident using and suggesting a variety of tools for managing the backlog and creating clarity with high volumes of requirements. You find it a pleasure to bring order and simplicity to complex scenarios.
- Occasional travel within Europe is necessary.