At Saab, we constantly look a head and push boundaries regarded as technically impossible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
You will contribute to all Production Engineering activities, focus on building up manufacturing and Warehouse management.
Specific Responsibilities of the Production Engineer:
- Structure and set up the material and production flow, physical and theoretical.
- Build up and continues to improve of Ways of working.
- Optimize and develop processes, methods and tools related to Production and Warehouse.
- Support and take an active (hands on) role together with the project teams regarding Design to cost.
- Act as the key interface with the Engineering team to promote a design for manufacture mentality.
- Work with the Production shopfloor team and Production Planning team to reduce manufacturing costs using Lean and Agile principles to remove waste.
- Support in Make Buy decisions.
- Educate new employees.
- Building relations with internal and external interfaces.
- Structure and set up the Warehouse flow from receiving, storage and issuing material, physical and theoretical.
- Collaborate with cross functional groups including Logistics, Supply Chain and Engineering.
- Be a subject matter expert of the Production/Warehouse process flow.
- Specific Responsibilities of the Business:
- Translate operational business needs into analytics requirements and provide a structured approach to analysis.
- Provides analysis, related to business operations, productivity, performance, planning, work methods and procedures.
- Work with manufacturing and support teams to establish and improve processes.
- Keep design and building structure up to date according to pricing.
- Represent production in design and operational planning process.
Experience & Skills
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of related experience in Production Engineering, proven extensive experience of several production areas, Inventory management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of production and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards related to production concepts.
- Experience in scheduling manufacturing and production control techniques.
- Prefer experience with ERP systems and planning software.
- Strong communication, presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound leadership qualities and demonstrated good judgment.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office experience required.
- 3D CAD competence (SolidWorks; CATIA etc) desirable.
- Understanding in ISO-9001, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff and with other departments.
- You must be able to express yourself in English, both oral and in written word.
- Driver’s license
This position requires that you undergo a security screening in accordance with the Saab internal processes.
What you will be a part of
Saab’s strategy for growth includes building local business in selected markets, with focus on key customer countries. You will become part of this brand-new Saab Company, which operates in Tawazun Industrial Park, northeast of the Abu Dhabi city center.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 18,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also, a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.