At Saab in West Lafayette, IN, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Redhawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 250 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing.
The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio.
As Saab continues to expand their new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Production Scheduler to:
- Review master production schedules and Line of Balance reports to determine possible shortages.
- Provide oversight and direction for the production planning process and ensure material availability.
- Release work orders to shop floor and ensures closeout of work order activity.
- Coordinate and lead regular meetings to insure the execution of actual production against plan.
- Establish and monitor min/max levels in stock room to insure acceptable lead times for standard products.
- Coordinate with purchasing, production, stockroom, and manufacturing personnel to ensure appropriate scheduling, procurement, and movement of materials.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, and engineering.
- Evaluate potential improvements in economic order quantities to gain total supply chain improvements.
- Work with Manufacturing Program Managers and support personnel to understand all future production requirements.
- Assist in maintaining outside vendor relations.
- Aid in the scheduling of resources, mentoring, training, working with personnel to establish and monitor goals.
- Estimate level of effort and associated costs used in BoE and project scheduling.
- Monitor workload and schedules, and balances resources.
- Lead/identify process improvement projects.
- Deliver a people first culture in alignment to Saab leadership vision
- Support other projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related discipline is required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience may include comprehensive knowledge of tools, software and other technologies.
- Ability to implement schedule management process consistent with customer requirements and internal processes and best practices.
- Understanding of MRP principles.
- Possesses the skills to direct and influence the company’s teams for project/program success.
- Ability to influence organizational change.
- Demonstrates strong communication and a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Experience working as part of an international team is a plus
- Ability to be self-driven and deliver high quality results across a global project team
- Experience within the aerospace industry is a strong plus, but not required
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in seven U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.