Program Manager Submarines
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provides proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Underwater group, the Program Manager Submarines will provide leadership of the Submarine Program, involving multiple internal as well as external stakeholders. The Program includes the provision of system solutions and engineering services for two classes of submarines, the Collins Class and the Swedish Blekinge Class. The role is responsible for the outcomes across the project portfolio, including follow-on orders, sales, GM, schedule, scope, quality and any other project/contract objectives.
Further, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Definition, management, and ownership of the scope of work, including schedule, cost/margin, quality and follow-on orders outcomes for assigned projects
- Providing leadership, direction and delegation to assigned Project Managers.
- Development of the program approach to achieve program and group outcomes as per Contract/Project Directives, including identification of opportunity to maximise outcomes.
- Preparing, monitoring and revising plans, estimates, cost accounts and schedules for the program to meet the objectives set by the Contract/Project Directives
- Assess and manage risk related to the program
- Leading and presenting status at Steering Committee Meetings, Gate Reviews, Customer Reviews and Progress Meetings
- Ensuring Contract Variations and scope change are managed
- Developing and maintaining knowledge on the use of the solution(s) and good working relationships with stakeholders
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in science, engineering or in a business discipline
- Good understanding of best practice Project Management
- Experience in the leadership of system development projects
- Demonstrated understanding of the lifecycle of system development projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff within a team environment and to foster cooperation within and between teams
- Proven ability in internal and external customer liaison
- Experience in producing and reviewing project documentation
- Demonstrated scheduling and planning skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.