Project and Service Delivery Engineers provide technical support to customers, projects and development teams, installing, commissioning and maintaining SAFE and related integrated systems and services. They will have comprehensive knowledge of the SAFE operating environment, configuration and functionality as well as deep expertise in system components and integrations.
- Install, maintain and support operating environment for customers and project deliveries, including hardware and server build and configuration, application and system installation and commissioning, troubleshooting and patching.
- Support maintenance of internal and hosted development environments.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support to customers as part of service operations team
- Testing and documentation of installations and changes
- Advising project teams and customers for technical matters relating to infrastructure and environments.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in 3 or more of the following: Microsoft Windows Server; Microsoft SQL Server; Virtualisation (HyperV, VMWare); Networking (Load balancing, Firewalls, TCP/IP); Linux; Telephony/UC (SIP, ACD, VOIP); Active Directory (ADFS, domain management, users/groups, policies, certificates etc.), Hardware installation and maintenance; Cloud (e.g. Azure, AWS, SaaS deployments etc).
- Good knowledge and experience of ITIL
- Experience of managing high availability environments and systems or with similar critical infrastructure delivery experience.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
Desirable, but not essential
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, tools and ways of working.
- Project Management experience and/or certification (Agile PM, PRINCE2, PMI or other)
- Experience of delivering and supporting IT services to support software development.
- Certification in relevant technologies.
- ITIL Foundation certificate or higher equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of working with Quality Management Systems, Continuous Improvement tools and frameworks such as Lean, 6-sigma, ISO9001
This position would suit someone from an IT infrastructure or service delivery background, with experience working in critical delivery environments or where 99.999% availability is required (e.g. emergency control rooms, manufacturing, safety critical applications). Attention to detail, good work and time organisation and a high quality ethic are essential characteristics to be successful in this role