Project Commissioning Technician
Project Commissioning Technician
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Civil group, the Project Commissioning Technician will assist in scoping, planning and executing projects related to the installation of security systems and their various sub-systems (access control, motion detection etc).
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Conduct layout and configuration design of security systems such as electronic access control/intruder alarm (EACS), video management (VMS), perimeter detection (PDS) and intercom/PA (INT)
- Establish bill of materials for projects based on designs
- Develop migration and upgrade plans for sites undergoing upgrades
- Plan, manage and report on own security system installation works into the customer and Saab
- Install and configure servers and workstation builds
- Perform configuration and commissioning of security systems (EACS, VMS, PDS, INT)
- Produce as-built documentation
- Deliver basic client operator training
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Design, configure and commission integrated security systems on customer sites either as upgrades or greenfield new builds
- Oversight of subcontractor works on site
- Installation, configuration and commissioning of security systems such as:
- General IT knowledge and skills, capable of loading and configuring work stations, servers and network switching equipment
- Electronic security experience or qualifications, with the ability to fault find and rectify faults in a timely manner
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a baseline or NV1 defence clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 650 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.