Project Engineer – Security and Surveillance
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s capability to defend and protect itself with the ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. We develop everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. Over 30 years, we’ve built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Civil group, the site-based Project Engineer will play a key role in the execution and delivery of Saab’s OneView physical security information management system into a large correctional construction project.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Accurately document as built design information and support and oversee integration partners in deploying system installations
- Participate in scope and definition of variation works, product demonstrations and feedback sessions as necessary
- Produce commensurate system design and engineering artefacts as required to meet successful project delivery
- Provide engineering support to site rollout teams and internal staff to support development and definition of variations
- Contribute to the commissioning and successful acceptance of a major construction project
- Travel interstate may be required.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Six plus years as a project/systems engineer on construction projects
- Development/management of security/surveillance system design and installation projects or similar system integration projects
- Ability to undertake design, implementation and system acceptance activities
- Working with sub-contractors and suppliers as part of overall security solution delivery
- Testing and sell-off
- Security related sub-systems such as CCTV, duress systems, perimeter detection systems, biometrics, key safes and intercoms (desirable).
This role is based in Lara, Victoria, and is fixed term until May 2022.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. We offer a fresh and vibrant workplace, with a focus on continuous learning, collaboration and knowledge sharing. We’re an open minded and supportive organisation, where your health, well-being and work-life balance are emphasised and you’ll have the opportunity to develop a long term career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.