Project Manager - Major Surface Combatants
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s defence capability with ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. Saab develops everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality cyber security and deployable health solutions.
For over 30 years, we have built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and we are now seeking our employees-of-tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head towards our next innovative chapter. Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Project Manager will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s combat system solutions across the complete RAN surface fleet. This will entail the delivery of quality project outcomes for the Hunter Class and Hobart Class Australian Interface projects.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Define and manage the scope of work, including schedule, cost and quality outcomes for the project.
- Develop the project approach to achieve project and corporate outcomes as per contract/project directive
- Identify opportunities in order to maximise outcomes and assess risk related to the project
- Preparation and maintenance of project plans, estimates, cost accounts and schedules for the project to meet the objectives set by the contract/project directive
- Lead and present status at steering committee meetings, gate reviews, customer reviews and progress meetings
- Manage contract variations and scope change
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering, science or business discipline, with post-graduate qualifications in Project Management desirable
- Experience in the project management and leadership of systems projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff within a team environment and to foster cooperation within and between teams
- Demonstrated understanding of planning , scheduling and Earned Value Management Techniques
- Well-developed problem solving skills and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and customer liaison skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace and have the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.