Following planned expansion, SAAB UK are looking to recruit a customer-focused Project Manager and support representative responsible for the delivery, demonstration, capability integration and operation of our highly advanced surveillance systems, with a particular emphasis on supporting the management of Communication and Data Links, and providing advice on Battlespace Management in a Joint Fires or GBAD setting.
In this position, you will be working with radar systems, communication systems and data links, and be responsible for acting as the liaison with external systems and agencies, military, civilian and contractor. The ability and willingness to travel, including internationally, will be essential for this role.
The successful candidate will have the potential to grow the position as the business grows and will benefit from continuous training across the equipment spectrum.
- Project management of the delivery of Saab systems to customers and users;
- System Integration;
- Support to Communication and Data Links;
- Offering subject matter expert advice on Battlespace management;
- Support of other Business areas:
- Manning customer support desks;
- Training end users, including planning and scheduling and associated documentation
- Support to:
- Other company market growth;
- Deployment globally in support of military operations;
- Reporting and administering the running of contracts as required
- Computer literate;
- Knowledge of radar systems;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Able to obtain UK Security Clearance up to SC;
- During your employment you will handle tasks and materials that are classed as military secrets and therefore you must have a UK or Swedish citizenship.
- Experience managing physical, virtual and disparate teams, with multiple stakeholders, to deliver innovative solutions, on budget and on time;
- Previous military experience;
- Teaching/instructional experience;
- Project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE 2 / APMP).
The candidate should:
- Be a motivated and critical thinking individual;
- Be capable of working alone and arranging their own workload;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be comfortable in a complex customer facing environment.