Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Following planned expansion, and to support the delivery of the latest generation of weapon locating radars to the British Army and other global customers, SAAB UK are looking to recruit a customer-focused Project Manager / Field Support Representative responsible for the delivery, demonstration, capability integration and operation of our highly advanced surveillance systems.
In this position, you will be working with radar systems, communication systems and data links, and be responsible for acting as the liaison with external systems and agencies, military, civilian and contractor. The ability and willingness to travel, including internationally, will be essential for this role.
The successful candidate will have the potential to grow the position as the business grows and will benefit from continuous training across the equipment spectrum.
- Project management of the delivery of Saab systems to customers and users;
- System Integration;
- Offering subject matter expert advice on artillery hunting as part of a layered surveillance programme;
- Support of other Business areas:
- Manning customer support desks;
- Training end users, including planning and scheduling and associated documentation
- Support to:
- Other company market growth;
- Deployment globally in support of military operations;
- Administering and reporting the running of projects and contracts as required
- Computer literate;
- Knowledge of weapon locating radar systems;
- Full UK driving license;
- Able to obtain UK Security Clearance up to SC;
- During your employment you will handle tasks and materials that are classed as military secrets and therefore you must have a UK or Swedish citizenship.
- Experience managing physical, virtual and disparate teams, with multiple stakeholders, to deliver innovative solutions, on budget and on time;
- Previous military experience;
- Teaching/instructional experience;
- Project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE 2 / APMP).
The candidate should:
- Be a motivated and critical thinking individual;
- Be capable of working alone and arranging their own workload;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be comfortable in a complex customer facing environment.