Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Autonomous Systems group, the Project Manager will provide leadership of a project (or sub-project) involving multiple internal as well as external stakeholders. This includes the day-to-day management of the assigned Project Management Team. The Project Manager is responsible for the outcome of the project, including cost, schedule, scope, quality, customer satisfaction and any other project objectives as defined in the Contract/Project Directive.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Define, manage, and take ownership of the scope of work, including schedule, cost and quality outcomes for the project.
- Provide leadership, direction and delegation to the Project Management Team, as required.
- Development of the project approach to achieve project and corporate outcomes as per Contract/Project Directive, including identification of opportunity in order to maximise outcomes.
- Prepare, monitor and revise project plans, estimates, cost accounts and schedules for the project to meet the objectives set by the Contract/Project Directive.
- Assess risk related to the project, manage Contract Variations and scope change.
- Lead and present status at Steering Committee Meetings, Gate Reviews, Customer Reviews and Progress Meetings.
- Develop and maintain knowledge on the use of the solution, as well as good working relationships with stakeholders.
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Whilst Adelaide is the preferred location for this role, we are also open to considering candidates based in Brisbane or Melbourne.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Engineering or Business discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Understanding of best practice Project Management
- Experience in the leadership of systems development projects with a demonstrated understanding of their lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff within a team environment and to foster cooperation within and between teams.
- Proven ability in internal and external customer liaison.
- Experience in producing and reviewing project documentation and demonstrated scheduling and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and a well-developed ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.