Project Manager – Development Group
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s defence capability with ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. Saab develops everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality and cyber security solutions.
For over 30 years, we have built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and we are now seeking our employees-of-tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head towards our next innovative chapter. Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, we are currently seeking to recruit a Project Manager to work across Saab’s extensive Maritime combat management system programs. This role will oversee systems design and software development projects within our 9LV Product Development group.
Whether you are just starting your PM journey or are a highly experienced PM this role offers a unique opportunity to work in a multi-platform, multi project environment and take an enterprise approach to working across the complete RAN surface fleet.
Day to day, the successful candidate will:
- Provide definition, management, and ownership of the scope of work, including schedule, cost and quality outcomes for the project.
- Provide leadership, direction and delegation to the Project Team
- Develop the project approach to achieve project and corporate outcomes as per Contract/Project Directive, including identification of opportunity in order to maximise outcomes
- Prepare, monitor and revise project plans, estimates, cost accounts and schedules for the project to meet the objectives set by the Contract/Project Directive
- Assess risk related to the project and manage contract variations and scope change
- Lead and present status at Steering Committee Meetings, Gate Reviews, Customer Reviews and Progress Meetings
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in a science, technology, engineering or business discipline
- Experience in a project leadership role, preferably in Naval or Defence projects, however those from adjacent industries are also encouraged to apply
- Sound understanding of best practice Project Management and experience in producing and reviewing project documentation
- Experience in the project management, leadership and lifecycles of systems development projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff within a team environment and to foster cooperation within and between teams
- Demonstrated understanding of planning, scheduling and earned value management techniques
- Proven ability in internal and external customer liaison
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace and have the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.