As part of our Maritime group and reporting to the head of PMO, the Project Performance and Support Manager will be responsible for maintaining and improving project performance through the implementation of improvements in the project management methods, processes, systems and tools.
Further, the successful candidate will provide project performance improvement and support services to the Maritime Programs by:
- Research and implement new technological applications, methods and tools supporting project management.
- Maintain and enhance the project internal and external reporting framework, systems and processes.
- Provide mentoring and support to project managers with the goal of improving project performance.
- Assist with development of contract performance management and reporting frameworks.
- Develop and maintain processes for ensuring project lessons learned are effectively applied to future project.
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- RegPM status with the project management institute or chartered membership (Desirable).
- Degree qualified in project management, IT, engineering or business (Desirable).
- Project management or program/project controls reporting experience within an engineering and project execution organisation, specifically within the defence or resources industries on complex major capital projects.
- Experience in establishing a performance reporting framework, processes and procedures, mapping processes across multiple Alliance or JV partners to ensure best practices and aligned outcomes.
- Significant previous project leadership experience gained at a project or functional management level, directly leading a team, and indirectly leading a functional reporting team.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.