Purchasing Development Manager with focus on CSR and compliance
We are looking for a Purchasing development Manager with CSR and compliance focus that has an in-depth understanding of procurement and supply chain and has a proven track record of delivering result.
Saab Procurement has started an exciting journey to drive Operational Excellence and becoming a world leading purchasing organization. We are working in a matrix organization and Group Procurement have a functional responsibility for Global Purchasing at Saab and a business responsibility for indirect material.
Being Purchasing development Manager you will on behalf of CPO, Group Procurement and Procurement Council, run development projects in close cooperation with Process leaders with focus on CSR, Export Control (XC), Security Compliance and Group Procurement (indirect material).
In order for you to be successful you need to ensure tight collaboration with the purchasing organisations in the business areas. In this position you will report to the Head of Business development within Group Procurement
The main tasks:
- On behalf of CPO and Procurement Council, run development projects in close cooperation with Process Leaders with focus on CSR, Export Control (XC), Security Compliance and Group Procurement (indirect material).
- To work together with security and procurement functions to improve procurement processes from security standpoint.
- Drive the development of Sustainability work together with responsible sourcing and the Saab CSR team.
- Work in close collaboration with the CPO and the others in Group Procurement management team and Procurement Council to support in various strategic issues and the development of decision material.
- Together with Process Leader ensure that Saab has effective templates, processes and tools in place and to carry out the necessary training / information efforts for effective use.
- Responsible for maintaining and to further develop procurement information on our intranet and SharePoint sites.
- Driver of process development within Indirect material, i.e in the role as driver of process development.
To fit in this role, you must be highly self-motivated, structured and communicative. When collaborating with stakeholders, you are confident with the ability to build relationships, influence and provide advice to key decision makers. You focus on achieving success in individual and team projects. Desirably, you also possess a keen interest to develop ways of working using digitalisation.
- Master degree in relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience, in procurement and/or supply chain.
- Good knowledge in strategic sourcing and the toolbox in sourcing.
- Good communication skills verbally and written in both Swedish and English.
- Good business understanding.
- Solid and documented project leadership and analytic skills.
- High level of expertise using excel, Power Point and other analytic tools.
- Skilled in leading change with successful documented track record of driving transformation within Strategic Sourcing/Purchasing organisations.
- Experience working with CSR questions in a complex Purchasing organization
- Experience working with Security and compliance questions in a purchasing organisation
- Experience working as a management consultant.
- Experience from working in matrix organizations.
- Experience from defence and/or aviation industry.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
Saab is a world-leading defence and security company. Saab’s mission is to make people safe by pushing intellectual and technological boundaries. Saab has operations and employees on all continents around the world. Fighter jets, submarines and radars are just some examples of what we do.
Group Procurement is a group function with a functional responsibility for 500 procurement professionals globally and a business responsibility for indirect procurement. Our mission is to create sustainable, efficient and profitable business, challenging ourselves and our suppliers, using high business acumen and a holistic view. During 2021 we have started a Procurement excellence program that will run over the next coming years to develop Saab into a world leading Purchasing organization.
Location: Linköping, Stockholm or Gothenburg
You are welcome to send us your application in either Swedish or English.
Recruiting Manager: Kristofer Ternstedt, CPO and head of Group Procurement
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Closing date: 2021-09-19
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.