We are expanding our Quality Management team for business unit Electronic Warfare and Aircraft Systems in Järfälla. Do you engage in the work with quality and improvements with great interest and curiosity? Do you want to work with advanced safety critical products? Then apply to this challenging and exciting job opportunity!
As Quality manager, you are responsible to ensure compliance with the quality management system and of the customer and project specific quality requirements. Key for success is managing the balance as a proactive support role, while still maintaining integrity and independence.
- You will be responsible for the customer's quality requirements being implemented in our products and for helping various teams to do their work in a way that ensures the high quality required in our industry and expected by our customers.
- The work includes planning, leading, supporting, reviewing and following up quality, improvement and environmental activities, linked to our various types of customer projects.
- You will work in development projects, production projects and aftermarket projects, as well as internal improvement projects.
- You will work closely with functions such as design, product management, project management, production and purchasing.
- You will carry out internal audits to identify opportunities for improvement and coordinate external audits when requested.
- You will also conduct analyses and investigations in the event of quality deficiencies and give training as necessary.
To be successful in the role we believe:
- You are highly self-motivated, structured and have a proactive approach.
- You have the ability to look at the big picture but also go in depth in analyses and questions.
- You feel responsible for both smaller and larger tasks.
- You are comfortable challenging and positively influencing the teams and colleagues that you work with to ensure quality.
- You have a high level of integrity, are communicative, analytical and enjoy working with improvements.
- Master of Science degree in engineering, quality or equivalent educational or working experience
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swedish, written and verbal
- 3-10 years work experience, preferably within the quality or improvement area
- Experience from product development in areas of electronics, mechanics, software or systems
- Understanding and practical experience of quality systems and standards such as ISO 9001, EN9100, or similar from other industries such as ISO 13485, GMP or ISO 26262
- Experience from internal and external audit management
- Experience from challenging and supporting teams and individuals in the quality or improvement area
- Knowledge and experience of tools and methodologies for problem solving, root cause analysis and improvement
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance, additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be part of
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 19,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world.
Business area Surveillance offers world-leading sensor technology in monitoring and decision support to protect against threats. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, C4I solutions, aviation systems and cyber security.
The quality function you will belong to is part of our centralised Surveillance Operational Excellence unit. You will report to the Head of Quality Management for the business unit Electronic Warfare and Aircraft Systems. The quality function consists of a team of eight persons in Järfälla, and a sub-ordinary team of five persons in our site in Huskvarna. You will interact with functions primarily within the Järfälla site, but also within other Surveillance sites. You will have a leding role, but no managerial or personnel responsibility. Some travelling might be required. Office location and daily base for work is site Järfälla.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Saab is a company with a strong people-orientation. We offer a friendly work environment where we support and help each other to be at our best. Continuous learning, career & talent development and employee well-being are examples of areas where we always put the strongest effort to offer great opportunities.