At Saab in West Lafayette, IN, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Redhawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 250 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing.
The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio.
As Saab continues to expand their new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking an MRB Quality Technician who will be responsible for the non-conforming material process application. This position provides support to internal customers related to product non-conformance identification, investigation, and disposition.
- Coordination and disposition of all Material Review Board (MRB) material.
- Maintain an MRB log for accurate tracking of all non-conforming products.
- Perform inventory inspections and containment activities when non-conformances are identified.
- Interface with various departments to progress disposition and closure of MRB item(s). Responsible for meeting MRB turn time.
- Process dispositioned material – coordinate rework activities, returns to suppliers and scrap transactions. Verify tasks are completed and approved per documented instructions.
- Recommend/implement improvements for the overall flow of material through the MRB process.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the identification and inventory count for MRB.
- Assists in non-conformance investigations and material assessments.
- Contribute to a people-first culture in alignment to Saab values, demonstrating core Company values: Trust, Drive, Expertise and Support.
- Support other projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Associate degree, technical/business school or equivalent preferred
· 3+ years of relevant work experience
· Experience within the aerospace industry is a strong plus
· Excellent organization skills
· Demonstrates strong communication and a collaborative approach to problem-solving
· Ability to be self-driven and deliver high quality results across a global team
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in seven U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.