Radar Maintenance Engineer for Saab in Arboga
Do you want to be part of a team that keeps Gripen flying in the future?
You will be a part of the engineering group that are responsible for the maintenance resources for the Gripen avionics and work in the team that supports the radar maintenance. The radar maintenance is performed on the complete radar system which includes line replaceable units and the included shop replaceable units. This means that the work spans over a wide range of technologies like analog and digital electronics, software and microwave.
To be successful in this role you need to be excited to learn in order to get an in depth understanding of the system as well as you need to be structured in order to document the work performed.
Examples of work tasks:
- Development and support of maintenance resources for radar devices including both hardware and software
- Technical support to customers, end users and other Saab entities
- Work in projects that can include parts such as financial follow-up, purchasing support or project management
- Documentation of work performed to comply with regulatory requirements which also includes work in our MPS system
- Support for the radar workshop with troubleshooting or complex maintenance as well as improvement work
- Radar engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge in microwave theory
- Good communication skills in English, verbal and written
- Ability to work both in team and alone
- Experience in avionics maintenance
- Knowledge in computers and programming
- Experience in project work or leading projects
- Knowledge in material and planning systems
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
The business unit Gripen Support is part of the business area Aeronautics and focuses on support of mainly the Gripen system but also other platforms. Our maintenance work covers civilian and military avionics, radio, radar and support systems. The work tasks that the group carries out spans over a wide area of knowledge and can be adapted to fit individual skills.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here
Read more about us here
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.