RF / Microwave Design Engineer – Electronic Warfare
Do you like the challenges in advanced RF design and can you deliver solutions that meet high demands on performance and reliability?
Good, because Saab Technology Center is now further expanding its development unit in Tampere and is seeking a highly motivated RF Microwave Engineer to support research and development of complex Electronic Warfare systems.
As part of a development team, your work spans from understanding system and RF requirements to making an architectural design and doing the actual design, integration and qualification testing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, simulation, and testing of complex RF front-end systems and sub-systems
- Deriving specifications for RF/microwave systems and sub-systems
- Perform component selection, characterization of transmitters, receivers and antennas
- Product development work within cross-functional teams that include SW, HW, RF, mechanical and system engineers
- Work with Technical Leads to ensure technical, cost, and schedule performance is achieved
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with design, test and integration of complex RF/ microwave systems
- RF/microwave design using HFSS, CST, ADS, AWR or similar software
- Familiar with test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator and network analyzers
- Experience in Matlab, Python or equivalent tools for modeling and analyzing RF systems
- Ability to effectively interface with teams and other stakeholders
- Fluent (both orally and in writing) in Finnish and in English.
- Experience from some of the following areas EW systems, Radars, AESA/Phase Arrays, SIGINT, ELINT, DRFM and Software Defined Radio is considered as an advantage
- Microwave design techniques up to 40GHz
What you will be a part of?
Your work place will be in Saab Technology Center in Tampere but since Saab is a global company this role will require some travelling and being able to communicate with your colleagues abroad.
At Saab Technology Center you will be a part of the Electronic Warfare Systems Business Unit that delivers electronic warfare applications for air, land and naval products. Saab Technology Center contributes to the next generation distributed systems for Electronic Support and Electronic Attack on absolute cutting edge hardware and software.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career. We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
Please send your application and CV trough Saab Career System. Please note: The application period is longer than usual due to the summer holiday season; hence we will start the interviews in early August, right after the holidays!
In this job, some of your tasks have a connection to defence secrecy. Therefore, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant