RF Test Engineer
Do you like the challenges in RF testing and can you deliver test solutions that meet the demands of high accuracy and reliability? Good, because Saab Technology Center is now further expanding its development unit in Tampere and is seeking a highly motivated RF Test Engineer to support research and development of complex Electronic Warfare systems.
As part of a development team, your work spans from translating RF requirements into practical test cases, and performing the actual RF tests in the laboratory environment, utilizing automated test systems and manual measurements. You will work closely with experienced RF designers to ensure that the designs fulfill performance expectations and meet the required high quality standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Testing and verification of complex RF/MW systems.
- Understanding RF requirements and translating them into practical RF test cases.
- Developing and maintaining automated test systems together with SW designers.
- Generating test reports, analyzing results, and identifying design improvements
- Supporting RF design team with design related tasks
As a person, you are truly a doer, willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the product and the organization move forward. You have a collaborative mind-set and you are a team player that encourages an open, trustful and innovative climate.
- Experience in testing and validation of RF/Microwave hardware and systems
- Hands-on experience with lab test equipment such as VNAs, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Power Supplies, Temperature Chambers etc.
- Willingness to work in a lab environment and basic soldering skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with design teams and other stakeholders.
- Fluent (both orally and in writing) in Finnish and in English.
- Experience in developing and maintaining automated RF test systems.
- Basic programming skills in Python, Labview, Matlab or similar.
- Experience from military and/or aerospace technologies considered as an advantage.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
In this job, some of your tasks have a connection to defence secrecy. Therefore, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
What you will be a part of
Your work place will be in Saab Technology Center in Tampere but since Saab is a global company this role will require some travelling and being able to communicate with your colleagues abroad. At Saab Technology Center you will be a part of the Electronic Warfare Systems Business Unit that delivers electronic warfare applications for air, land and naval products. Saab Technology Center contributes to the next generation distributed systems for Electronic Support and Electronic Attack on absolute cutting edge hardware and software.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career. We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
We are looking forward hearing more from you!
Please note, that we are processing applications until end of June and proceeding recruitment process again in August 2022.