Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions from military defence to civil security. With operations on every continent, Saab continuously develops, adapts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs. The Chief Marketing Officer´s Office (CMO) plays an important role within Saab´s Market Strategy to contribute with guidance in priorities and our ways of working to reach our highly set goals.
As our Director Market Analysis is moving on to new challenges, we are looking for his replacement.
You will join a highly professional market strategy team, where you will conduct independent analysis and support aligning geographical market strategies, coordinate group market analysis as well as being part of early-stage business development activities.
The main tasks for this role are:
- Driving Defence and Security Marketing & Sales related analysis across the Saab Group
- Conduct PESTLE* analysis of individual leads and markets
- Drive the Market Categorisation defining our prioritised markets
- Set Marketing and Sales requirements for our Competitive and Market Intelligence (CMI)
- Define analysis models for our Marketing & Sales operations
- Coordinate market analysis with external suppliers and data providers
- Coordinate global market analysis for our main product niches
- Pending your background, you may also engage in a specific Marketing & Sales Region with strategy and business development activities
*) PESTLE: Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal, Environmental
To succeed in this role you will work closely with other functions within Saab´s Business Areas as well as with other Group Functions.
Well-developed communication skills are crucial, as you need to build and maintain relationships with colleagues in Sweden and in our main markets in order to develop cross-functional strategies.
You will be expected to travel frequently in Sweden and occasionally internationally.
We are looking for a person with a strong analytic ability, positive spirit and you enjoy taking ownership and responsibility of your daily work.
You are self-motivated to work individually but you are also a great team player who thrives working together in teams.
You have a broad knowledge and understanding of the international Defence and Security market and its conditions. Specific knowledge of Saab, our products and market conditions are an advantage.
- Relevant academic and/or military education
- Relevant work experience of international Defence and Security market
- Proven market analytic and reporting skills
- Experience of successfully navigating in complex organizational structures
- Strong business acumen
- Fluent language skills in English, and Swedish is a plus
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be part of
The CMO-office is a central organisation that governs and direct Marketing and Sales operations, planning, analyses and strategies globally.
As Director Market Analysis you will report to the Vice President, Head of Market Strategy in the CMO office and you will be based in one of our main Swedish sites, Stockholm, Järfälla, Linköping or Gothenburg.
Is this an opportunity that looks appealing to you? Apply today, interviews will be booked continuously.
For questions regarding the position, please contact the Recruiting Manager Rustan Nicander Rustan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Saab is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number more than 18’000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people