Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Sales & Government Relations group, the Sales Director - Maritime will play a key role in identifying new Maritime business opportunities and executing strategies to win profitable business.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Identify and win profitable business opportunities that align with the Saab Australia Business Plan
- Analyse the Australian and New Zealand market potential for Maritime Systems including the impact of market trends, customer / partner requirements and government policy on Maritime Systems
- Contribute to the development of the Saab Australia Maritime strategy
- Develop campaign and capture plans for major Defence programs and opportunities with a potential order intake exceeding $100m AUD
- Develop and enhance a network of appropriate customer contacts, industry contacts and Saab business units across Australia and the globe
- Together with the nominated capture manager, contribute to development of capture campaigns
- Lead the formulation of capture strategy and preparing capture plans in accordance with Winning Business processes
- Position Saab to become the preferred tenderer for key naval regional programs
- Prepare tender responses, including executive summaries, capturing win themes and supporting the project manager during offer definition and contract negotiation
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Ability to develop strategies in either business development or military domains
- Significant sales and business development experience in Defence industry, especially the Maritime domain
- Demonstrated success in a similar role with experience gained over several years or having an extensive network of appropriate customer and industry contacts
- Extensive knowledge of the Australian defence environment
- Ability to successfully engage with senior defence and industry managers for long term beneficial business outcomes
- Ability to effectively interact with Executives and senior managers
- Experience of customer relationship management, business intelligence gathering and defence tendering
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.