We are on an exceptional journey with new exciting projects this year and are looking for an experienced leader who has what it takes to lead in change and possess the kind of leadership that inspires people to walk the extra mile!
DRIVE TRUST & EXPERTISE are our core values. Join us in our strive making the world safer!
You will lead and grow a team of eight System and Development engineers which develop and integrate all electrical and energy systems for naval surface ships. This is an operational role where you work closely with your team in projects, and can learn a lot from the technical area, but also with strategic work together with your peer managers. As leader you drive and motivate a highly engaged and experienced team and you encourage them to take big portion of personal responsibility and create a helping organization both within and outside own section. You setup both individual and project goals for all team members and support them in their daily work.
You report to Head of CEA and will be a member of CEA management team where you take an active part in the strategic work, such as long term planning, process development, team-to-team cooperation and technical roadmaps. 30-40 travelling days per year, mostly within Sweden is part of the job.
The main tasks are:
- Project responsibilities include resource planning, project progress follow-up for own team activities and accountability for own team deliveries in all projects.
- Responsible for the technical quality of your team deliveries.
- Responsible of own team quotation work, line budget and project budget.
- Manage line activities including performance management, salaries, competence and process development.
- Responsible of technical and competence roadmaps for own team and technical area.
We are looking for you who have a genuine interest in people and are solution-oriented, understanding the importance of interacting and working cross-functionally to find the best answers to complex problems. A success factor will be the ability to quickly get an overview and understand business, build networks and gain trust within the company. We believe you have a strategic thinking and is working in a structured and long-term way but can be flexible and take fast decisions when required. You are highly motivated and always seek ways to improve efficiency and to reach goals. You have the ability to understand and analyze technical problems and challenges within own technical area to advice coworkers, take decisions and setup technical roadmaps.
At Saab we believe in work-life-balance. We hope you bring the experience to know the importance of good balance between work and free time and also when it´s important to put in an extra gear.
- Several years of experience leading engineers as line manager, working with organizations in change and with large scale projects.
- MSc or BSc within Electrical engineering or equivalent experience within the area.
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written.
- Knowledge of one or several of following areas: energy systems, power distribution, generators, lighting, transformers and electrical propulsion.
- Naval knowledge
- Driving license
- Knowledge of Saab systems and ways of working.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
This is a chance to be part of a skilled, hard-working and helpful team in an open minded environment! Our approach is that everyone should be successful in their work. You will be a member of CEA management team, where you work more strategic together with your fellow managers. The team is a dynamic with a mix of experienced and new managers, which all have the ambition to help each other to reach individual and common goals. Combat Electrical and Automation system are within R&D and work from our offices in Karlskrona, Malmö and Helsingborg.
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here. Last application date is 31st of January 2021, however kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Your application may be in Swedish or English.
If you have any questions about the job, don´t hesitate to contact Jonas Lonefalk, recruiting manager +46 734 34 10 60 or Charlotta Lundblad, HR Specialist Recruitment +46 734 34 12 74.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.