Section manager outfitting ship
We are on an exceptional journey with new exciting projects and are looking for an experienced leader who has what it takes to lead in change and possess leadership that inspires people to walk the extra mile!
You will lead and grow a team of eleven mechanical engineers whose main responsibilities are related to mechanical design i.e. Outfitting, within our surface ship projects. The section's everyday life is filled with dialogue with various stakeholders within the organization such as R&D or Production. As a leader, you will drive and motivate a highly engaged and experienced team and you will encourage them to leverage their personal responsibility and create a helping organization both within and outside your own section. You define individual and project related goals for all team members, and support them to succeed in their daily work.
You will report to Head of Outfitting and be a member of the management team where you take an active part in the strategic work, such as long-term planning, process development, team-to-team cooperation and technical roadmaps.
The main tasks are:
- Project responsibilities including resource planning, project progress follow-up for your team’s activities and accountability for the team’s deliveries in all projects.
- Responsible for the technical quality of your team deliveries.
- Responsible of the team’s quotation work, line budget and project budget.
- Continuously improving work methods to improve quality.
- Manage line activities including performance management, salaries, competence and process development.
- Responsible of technical and competence roadmaps for your team and the team’s technical area.
The team is located in Karlskrona, the site where we also build our products. A few travelling days per year, mostly within Sweden, is part of the job.
We are looking for you who have a genuine interest in people and technology and are solution-oriented, understanding the importance of interacting and working cross-functionally to find the best answers to complex problems. You have an agile mindset and are familiar with implementing continuous integration and deployment. A success factor will be the ability to quickly get an overview and understand business, build networks and gain trust within the company. We believe you have a strategic thinking and work in a structured and long-term way but you can also be flexible and take fast decisions when required.
- MSc or BSc within mechanical engineering, naval design or equivalent experience within the area
- You have experience from developing complex mechanical products preferably in a large-scale project set up
- Some years of successful experience in a leading position, leading engineers as line manager or project manager, working with organizations in change and with large-scale projects
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written
- Good knowledge in one or more areas 3D-CAD, design for manufacturing, design of details / components in pipelines, sheet metal, welding, machining
- Knowledge and experience from marine applications
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
You will be part of a skilled, hard-working and helpful team in an open minded environment! Our approach is that everyone should be successful in their work. Outfitting is a part of Engineering and work from our offices in Karlskrona, Malmö and Helsingborg.
At Saab we believe in work-life-balance. We hope you bring the experience to know the importance of good balance between work and free time and when it´s important to put in an extra gear.
Business Area Kockums
Inside our leading naval factory
Meet our people
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here. Last application date is 27th of June however kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Your application may be in Swedish or English.
If you have any questions about the job, don´t hesitate to contact Sören Troedson, recruiting manager +46 734 34 10 71 or Charlotta Lundblad, HR Specialist Recruitment +46 734 34 12 74.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.