Security Systems Engineer
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s capability to defend and protect itself with the ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. We develop everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. Over 30 years, we’ve built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Civil Solutions group, the Security Systems Engineer will contribute to the group systems engineering team in the bid, execution and delivery phases of complex and high value civil security projects.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Design, build, test and validate security solutions in a desktop and lab environment
- Analyse trade drawings (i.e. architectural, electrical, mechanical and civil) for potential design and installation problems
- Perform various engineering and implementation tasks such as reviews, site surveys, prototype testing, initial mock up
- Calculate power, heat, voltage drop, conduit sizing and bandwidth
- Research optimal equipment/systems to be included in proposals
- Identify and resolve field device and system application and interoperability issues
- Produce concept, preliminary and detailed security designs in conjunction with consultants and other stakeholders
- Review and interpret construction documents, wiring and schematic diagrams and schedules
- Estimate, plan and proactively status progress on allocated work, and contribute to and coordinate with others to ensure the successful delivery
Your skills and experience will include:
- Security system hardware build, modification and troubleshooting
- Security related sub-systems such as CCTV, duress systems, perimeter detection systems, biometrics, key safes and intercoms
- A comprehensive understanding of high end security applications
- Managing complex technical issues within a fast-paced business environment with deadlines
- Writing clear and precise technical reports
- An Ability to undertake high level requirements derivation, system design and implementation
- Review and interpret specifications, drawings and estimates
- Applications like Solidworks and Revit (desirable)
- On-site construction involving installation and commissioning of electronic security equipment (desirable)
This role is based in Mawson Lakes and will initially be offered on a 12 month fixed term basis.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. We offer a fresh and vibrant workplace, with a focus on continuous learning, collaboration and knowledge sharing. We’re an open minded and supportive organisation, where your health, well-being and work-life balance are emphasised and you’ll have the opportunity to develop a long term career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.