Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Civil Solutions group, Saab is seeking multiple Security Systems Engineers to play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s OneView physical security information management system and broader security system solutions. The role will contribute to the group systems engineering team in the tender, execution and delivery phases of civil security projects.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Design, build, test and validate security solutions in a desktop and lab environment.
- Analyse trade drawings (i.e. architectural, electrical, mechanical and civil) in order to identify potential design and installation problems.
- Perform various engineering and implementation tasks such as Site Surveys; prototype testing, initial mock up
- Generate various calculations; including but not limited to power, heat, voltage drop, conduit sizing and bandwidth
- Develop and validate drawing packages to ensure conformity to requirements
- Research optimal equipment/systems to be included in proposals.
- Identify and resolve field device and system application and interoperability issues
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
We are open to this role being based from either our Adelaide or Melbourne offices.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Security Industry Experience preferably in Engineering.
- Experience with security related sub-systems such as CCTV, duress systems, perimeter detection systems, biometrics, key safes and intercoms.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of high end security applications
- Experience with security system hardware build, modification and troubleshooting.
- For example access control systems.
- Understand complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment with deadlines
- Ability to write clear and precise technical reports.
- Ability to undertake high level requirements derivation, system design and implementation
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.