Security Systems Engineers x 2
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Civil division, Security Systems Engineer will play a key role in contributing to the tender, execution and delivery phase of Saab’s security projects.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Design, build, test and validate security solutions in a desktop and lab environment
- Analyse trade drawings (i.e. architectural, electrical, mechanical and civil) in order to identify potential design and installation problems
- Perform various engineering and implementation tasks such as Site Surveys, prototype testing, initial mock up
- Generate various calculations, including but not limited to power, heat, voltage drop, conduit sizing and bandwidth
- Develop and validate drawing packages to ensure conformity to requirements
- Produce concept, preliminary and detailed security designs in conjunction with consultants and other stakeholders
- Assist with definition of scope and planning / scheduling of project execution
You have a professional Engineering qualification or extensive Security Industry experience, preferably with security related sub-systems such as CCTV, duress systems, perimeter detection systems, biometrics, key safes and intercoms. You will also have experience with security system hardware build, modification and troubleshooting – e.g. access control systems.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of high end security applications
- Ability to write clear and precise technical reports
- Ability to undertake high level requirements derivation, system design and implementation
- Working knowledge of structural and/or mechanical system and designs
- Review and interpret specifications, drawings and estimates
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.