Join us in creating the most innovative robotic technology for the harshest environment in the deepest oceans and most turbulent waters.
We lead the world with the most advanced engineering, electronics and software systems for pioneering electric underwater technology.
We don’t just create products – we are revolutionising the underwater world. So come and be part of an innovative and agile team that is dedicated to smart and inspired technology that is rapidly changing the future of underwater robotics.
As part of the Electronics department you will create design solutions for electronic/electrical products in underwater vehicles in line with the company’s business needs through innovation, creativity and professionalism.
You may be required to lead projects, this will require you to direct and co-ordinate project activities within the Engineering Department and other areas of the business such as Purchasing, Operations, Sales and Logistics.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Design and development of new Electronics designs
- Comfortable with novel designs with quantified acceptable risks
- Experience of full-lifecycle design and development: from concept to end of life
- Mixed signal electronic design
- Microprocessor system design
- Board layout principles
- Interface buses and protocols including I2C, SPI, RS485, CAN and Ethernet
- Design for LVD/EMC Compliance
- Development of requirements specifications and test procedures
- System level integration and testing
- To work with minimal supervision either on your own or within project teams
- “Hands on” “can do” approach to the above
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with extensive professional experience.
General accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
- To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information & Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role.
- To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times.
- To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments in order to deliver business and delivery objectives or deadlines.
- To carry out any other duties as detailed by a your Supervisor or Manager from time to time.
- To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise productivity and effectiveness.
Quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE)
- Cooperate with the company to achieve a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment.
- Work in ways that ensure your own safety and that of others; “Do the right thing even when no one is looking.”
- Report any incidents, near misses or other health, safety and environmental concerns.
- Deliver all products and services in line with Saab Seaeye quality standards to ensure we meet our customer requirements and highlight any quality concerns or potential improvements.