At Saab in West Lafayette, IN, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Redhawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity, this operation will employ over 250 employees. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio.
As Saab continues to expand the West Lafayette operation, we are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Interface with program teams for assigned projects, to track and forecast financial performance.
- Track revenue recognition, cash flow, program and department expenditures; Provide estimates at completion, including timely variance analysis.
- Manage project accounting responsibilities, including project setup & maintenance.
- Assist the Manufacturing and Supply Chain organizations in tracking material costs for Purchase Order release, inventory, and project expense, ensuring program material estimates are accurate.
- Assist with reporting of results, forecasts, KPI trend analysis and annual budget performance.
- Assist cross functional teams in complying with applicable FAR, DFARS and CAS regulations for all proposal submissions and negotiations, ensuring contract compliance within the financials.
- Review program contracts to ensure business compliance to all clauses and DoD regulations.
- Interface with Accounting to ensure program financials are properly stated on income statement and balance sheet.
- Execute Earned Value Management processes including generating analysis, metrics, and reporting; generate cost and schedule variance analysis and manage project control functions.
- Prepare proposal costing and pricing, including cash flow analysis and review of RFP clauses for compliance.
- Provide input to financial process improvement efforts; work collaboratively to identify, propose and implement process improvement ideas to enable more accurate and efficient reporting.
- Support DCMA and DCAA offices and government compliance regarding audits, tools, and dashboards for FPA.
- Analyze change in design and manufacturing methods to determine effect on cost of production.
- Monitor actual cost versus standard and maintain rate records.
- Assist in month end closing, ad hoc reporting, and analysis.
- Support a collaborative “people first” culture in alignment with Saab values.
- Provide support to other projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting. MBA preferred but not required.
- 6+ years of relevant financial analysis experience
- Preferred experience: Financial analysis with U.S. DoD contracting, government contracting rules/regulation,
- Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems is strong plus
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, including but not limited to pivot tables, formulas, and graphing
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and other general accounting rules and principles
- Strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy are critical
- Ability to proactively identify and implement process and tool improvements
- Demonstrates strong communication and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to be self-driven and deliver high quality results across a global project team
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in seven U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.