Senior Logistics Engineer
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s defence capability with ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. Saab develops everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality cyber security and deployable health solutions.
For over 30 years, we have built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and we are now seeking our employees-of-tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head towards our next innovative chapter. Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Senior Logistics Engineer will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s combat system across the full RAN surface fleet, and will undertake logistics engineering and obsolescence analysis activities in support of acquisition projects and sustainment tasks.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Perform logistics engineering activities for acquisition and sustainment projects, as follows:
- Reliability, maintainability and availability modelling and analysis
- Failure mode, effects and criticality analysis
- Reliability centred maintenance analysis
- Level of repair analysis
- Maintenance task analysis
- Spares analysis
- PHS&T analysis
- Obsolescence management and analysis
- Liaise with the OEMs to identify, analyse and recommend corrective actions for equipment obsolescence problems, including development of costed corrective actions plans
- Undertake life cycle cost analysis for acquisition and sustainment projects
- Review supplier and OEM generated ILS plans, logistic support data and technical manuals
- Assist in preparation of ILS reports and plans
- Provide logistics engineering input into system engineering planning and HW design and implementation
- Provide support to the Technical Publications and the Training Development teams
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualification in logistics engineering, electronics/electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Working in the defence industry and its logistics practices and standards
- Application of reliability and maintainability (R&M) engineering techniques
- The application of relevant military and commercial logistics standards as required
- Use of selected LSA and R&M analysis tools
- Preparing ILS inputs to tenders
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a NV1 defence clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace and have the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.