Senior Logistics Support Engineer
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Land group, the Senior Logistics Support Engineer will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s deployable health solutions, as well other related Land programs. This will entail the provision of analysis in support of engineering change and obsolescence issues and to lead a team of logistics support analysts to ensure that ILS project deliverables are prepared, reviewed and delivered in accordance with Contract Master Schedule.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Undertake planning and resourcing to ensure that the Land logistics support team can deliver the required logistic support for the project.
- Lead the logistic support team to realise solutions that maintain the technical integrity of the Defence Health Capability (DHC), while optimising life cycle cost and schedule.
- Assist the Integrated Logistic Support Manager to transition ILS deliverables into service.
- Ensure that ILS requirements are effectively communicated to the project team and that all logistic support artefacts developed for the project are peer reviewed and approved in accordance with SEMP.
- Liaise with internal customers to ensure that logistics products are being delivered.
- Liaise with DHC operational and technical/logistics support agencies as necessary to achieve effective ILS outcomes for the capability.
- Provide advice on obsolescence and make recommendations on actions to overcome.
- Undertake investigations, analysis and special projects.
- Provide guidance, support and development of key logistics support staff.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Degree in logistics, engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with contemporary defence technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational skills, ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in logistic engineering and major asset management environment at a senior level.
- Experience with Logistic Support Analysis including techniques and tools
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Note: This role is subject to an extended advertising period and shortlisted candidates will be contacted from 17 January 2022.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.