Saab, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Senior Master Planner. This position can sit remotely.
- Working with Control Account Managers (CAMs) to establish an integrated master schedule (IMS), manage schedule status, perform critical path analysis and slack management, perform schedule analysis & metrics (e.g. DCMA 14-point assessment), and communicate clearly to CAM’s, program managers (PM’s), functional manager and customers.
- Participating in proposal preparation planning including acquisition phasing, baseline pricing documents and preparation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Integrated Master Plans (IMP) and IMS for solicitation response.
- Acting as a Key contributor to functional organization, program teams, coordination of internal and external performance reporting and risk and opportunity management.
- Partnering with PM’s, CAMs, financial analysts (FA’s) and customers to meet project objectives and ensure successful program execution.
- Working with Business Operations teammates to support development of common tools, processes and training related to schedule development, integration, analysis and maintenance.
Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in a business, engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years’ experience in a technical, business, military professional or U.S. Government Contractor environment.
- MS Office Suite, Deltek Cobra, Integrating Scheduling Data with Manpower, EVMS, and Proposal Support Systems
- IMP/IMS Development and Maintenance on DoD programs with EVM requirements
- Critical Path Analysis and Slack Management
- Variance Analysis
- EVMS Concepts including Analysis and Corrective Actions
- Ability to Function at a Positive & High Level in a Team Environment
- Schedule Risk Analysis
- Risk and Opportunity Management
- Open Plan Scheduling Software
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in seven U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.