Senior Master Planner
At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio. In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As Saab is building a new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Senior Master Planner to join and lead our world-class production system. The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, and the ability to see opportunities and significant experience creating and delivering integrated strategies in Greenfield operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- As the Master Scheduler overseeing the planning department, you will acquire product and systems knowledge as the local expert for systems management to deliver a robust production process.
- Establish, communicate, and set production schedules in alignment with business leadership.
- Create capacity and resource planning scenarios, simulations, and presentations.
- Through continuous improvement, actively seek production performance feedback and administer process and working method changes.
- Coach other planners and schedulers to develop continuous flow of information, labor, and products without interruptions.
- Develop goals for department leaders and establish Key Performance Indicators to ensure full transparency to backlog, forecast analysis, and aid in business decisions.
- Be an ambassador for Saab both with co-workers and with suppliers.
- Deliver a people-first culture in alignment to Saab leadership vision.
- Develop working relationships and synergies with Saab managers in the U.S. and Sweden.
- Launch a new ERP tool to advanced Industry 4.0 technologies in planning and simulation.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or similar field required.
- MBA, Master's in Supply Chain or equivalent certification is a plus.
- 10+ years of master scheduling experience in a large scale operation.
- Simulation, scenario planning, and forecasting experience required.
- Experience working with U.S. government contracts, including FAR/DFAR regulations.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills to engage and create trust at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with ERP systems including data creation and ERP execution.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.